On birth control pills. Dosage for taking birth control pills?

It s my first time using birth control pills and I got the set of pills (Lutera 28 day pill) about two months ago. The nurse told me to start the Sunday (which my period was supposed to come that Sunday or Monday). But for some reason my period hasn t come and it s been 9 weeks! (I m a virgin so I can t be pregnant). I finally got it today and I m not sure when to start it. Today is a tuesday, and I have finals this week I don t want to take the pill today because I don t know how my body will react. 1. So should I start this coming Sunday, or can i take it any time between today and and the day my period ends? 2. When I start my first pill, should I start with the hormone pill (white) or inactive (pink) pill? 3. I will be going on a week long family trip in the summer (July) so when should I take my pills to plan a missed period during that time according to the trip? 4. I would prefer my periods to come during the week like mon-friday. how should I know what day to take it? Please help. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012