What are the causes of herpes and is it possible of getting it without any sexual contact and will my child and husband have chance of getting it in future ?

Hello doctor, i am a female, 29 years old. i had a normal delivery, a baby boy, 7 months old. 5 days after delivery i had very painful blisters in my pubic area. i consulted a dermatologist . she said that it was genital herpes and gave zovirax tablets for that. i didnt undergo any test for that. it was my first outbreak and my husband doesnt have that either. is there any chance of getting herpes without any sexual contact . i want to know the cause for my herpes. now i am perfectly alright. is there any chance that i may get an outbreak again. will my husband and child be contracted with genital herpes.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011