Vertigo, recurring whoosing in ear on stopping betaserc. What should be done?

Hello, Im male 26 years old and my story goes like this. 3 weeks ago i had a whooshing sound in my right ear at night (this is after a 3 days migraine on the right front side of skull ). I slept that night, and in the morning, suddenly i got vertigo . I went to an ENT specialist who did an ear checking, ear hearing check and balance check and he told me i had vertigo because of my right labyrinth. He told me to get vertigo-vomex 2 times a day and betaserc 16mg 3 times a day . I did so and after two weeks, the whooshing sound in my right ear had completely gone and my balance had improved by a lot. So i went again to the doctor for a follow up. He told me not to re-new vertigo vomex (as is has ended), but to keep taking betaserc along with stemetil 5mg once a day . This is after he did the same tests as previous time. After 4 days i had no more betaserc and because the sound was not there for a long time now, i thought i shouldn t get more so i took only stemetil . On the first day after i stopped betaserc, the whooshing sound came back. The second day the sound was worse so i went and bought betaserc . I took one pill at 3pm and after 2 hours i had a very loud high pitch noise in my right ear and also the sound i was hearing was echoing in a high pitch inside my right ear. Also with any sound i felt the high pitch note getting louder so i had to cover my ear with an ear plug because it was almost unbearable to hear that sound. That was yesterday. today the situation is a bit better ( i continued taking betaserc three times a day) but not by much. I am still unable to hear the sound from my right ear without getting the high pitch sound and also i got a headache which lasted only few minutes. The balance issues have not got worsen. Also the hearing in both rears is fine. I have no hearing lose. My doctor didn t do any x-rays, ct scat or anything else but examining the ears, hearing tests, and examining the ear with a machine that produces some king of math graphs (don t know what it is). Is the tinnitus i have and sound over-sensitive ear a result of me stopping the betaserc for 2 days and starting it again? I wonder because those symptoms started right after i resumed those pills. Should i stop them or continue taking them? Also should i contact my doctor about this and ask him for more tests? Thank you very much
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012