Vaginal pain near opening during sex, increased progressively, have pain while coughing. How can I stop this?

About a month ago I started having some pain on the right side of my vagina near the opening durning sex. It was not extremely painful so I continued to have sex and just ignore the pain. However,it has gotten progressively worse and now is sometimes painful to sit or even when I sneeze or cough hard. I went to the doctors and she said that I have an extra piece of hymen and that it is swollen. The problem is the swelling has not gone away... And u just don t know why it is all of a sudden painful now because I have been sexually active(I m 23) for over 4 years... now...but not consistently as this is my longest relationship. It s so frustrating to not know what is causing this pain and how to make it stop... Please help!! Thanks. :)
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012