Vaginal discharge. On birth control. Had unprotected sex. Pregnancy test negative. What is wrong?

I'm getting slimy brown discharge throughout the days for about a month now.
It'll be good for half the day then start. I'm 20 and I'm on birth control that makes me have a period once every 3 months I'm on my second month right now. I'm not consistent in taking it because sometimes I'll forget for 1-3 days and take them all when I remember. I got my period about a month ago within a few weeks of having to take planB because I had sex unprotected. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. What could it be?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013