Utovlan and Mirena. When can I possibly hope for it to stop?

I was fitted with a Mirena coil in June 2010. Last month, my GP prescribed Utovlan as I was going on holiday. I stopped taking the tablets on March 5th, started bleeding on March 8th and have bled non-stop since. The practice nurse suggested I have urgent scans to see what is happening, but my GP seems very unconcerned, saying it s just hormones and will settle eventually. Can anyone tell me if this length and level of bleeding is normal in these circumstances? When can I possibly hope for it to stop? I am now provisionally booked in to have the coil removed on Saturday (2nd April), because I am tearing my hair out. Please advise, thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011