Tummy cramps in a child with gas, positive bowel sounds. What could be wrong?

my six year old son has intermittently been c/o of belly hurt . there is no specific time of day it varies. he has alot of gas farting all the time. I have given him mylicon and pepto bismal and it subsides for a while than returns. He has solid brown bowel movements every day and stomach is not hard or tender to touch. has positive bowel sounds. Only thing i have noticed is he can only eat a little bit than he is full and will go back and eat a little more later.The hurt is not bad when it comes but it has brought him to his knees occasionally.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012