Trying to conceive, implantation pain, periods started, light headed and drowsy, pregnancy test negative

Hi, I am a 30 year old female trying to conceive. We started trying last month while I thought I was ovulating. The last day we tried was March 28th. On March 31st I started feeling what I assumed was implantation pain. It s been two weeks now, and I still feel it sometimes, although I started my period three days ago. The pain is always in the same spot, towards the left side of my uterus (not in my fallopian tubes ). I was so surprised when my period started because I really felt like I was pregnant . Aside from the uterine pain, I was also feeling lightheaded and drowsy all the time. I took a pregnancy test the day I started bleeding 3 days ago and it was negative. Any idea what could be going on?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012