Took plan B pill. Can I start the birth control from tomorrow?

Hi, I received birth control yesterday from my local health department. I have never been on birth control before. Would it be okay if I started it tomorrow, even if I am not on my period? Also, I took the plan B pill today. Would it still be okay to start birth control tomorrow even if I took the plan B pill today. Also, when I took the plan B pill, it dissolved in my mouth really fast. I was washing it down with a can of mountain dew. Is it still effective?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013