Took pills. Had spotting. Prescribed Duphaston to get periods. Have not got periods. Just spotting. Effect of pills?

Hi Doc, I m Diane..i had my problem it bothers me a lot since last year after taking a pills (depo) i started taking this pills by November 2012 then i had my spotting december 2012 which i dont expect to have because i know i take pills,it last for more than 1 week until it stop, then by January 2013 i had spotting again, so i visited my OB My OB responded that its the common effect of the pills so she said that my menstruation should be in regular/normal she advised me to take duphaston (i take it for 5 days, twice a day) and to have my Ultrasound (transV) the result is ok they found no problem but it was noted that there was a endocervical content consider mucous plug versus blood clot. After taking the same meds i expected to have my menstruation on that month but then i still dont have my period and i take again same medicine as per advised of my OB..until i have my spotting for almost 7 days from now so what will i do Doc? is it really the side effects of the pills? please hel
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013