Took morning pill, light pink discharge, pain on right side. Is this normal. What can cause this?

I took the morning after pill on day 6 of my cycle and started with a light pink discharge on day 13 of my cycle which turned red like menstruation the same day. This is day 2 now and I need to use a tampon and change regularly due to heave bleeding (as with my normal period). I have a sting like pain on the right side. Is this normal and what can cause this. I had my last period on the 12th. Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013