Took monistat for yeast infection. Delayed periods. Heavy menstruation with abdominal pain and headaches. Medication side effects?

My wife had what we believed to be a yeast infection at the beginning of July, so on July 1, 2012 we began using Monistat 7. Her menstrual cycle was scheduled to begin on July 5, but it ended up being nearly 3 weeks late, it finally started on July 22 with a very heavy flow. Also, since it began she has been having pains in her abdomen and headaches . I was wondering, was her period late because of the Monistat 7? And what do you think is the cause of the abdominal pains, and is it something for us to worry about?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012