Tightness in chest and sternum, stabbing pains in front of ribs, burning in whole rib cage and breasts, difficulty in standing or sitting for long hours. Had Bowen therapy. Tietze syndrome?

Hi, I am a 27 year old woman. I have recently had a doctor tell me that she thinks I have tietze syndrome which she found on the net.I woke up 9 weeks ago with a tight feeling in the chest . When i looked in the mirror the right side of my chest was swollen. At first we thought my ribs we out but xrays and blood tests came back normal. It took a few days before i felt any pain. At first it was just like my ribs felt tired or were sitting on each other. weird i know!!Then with in the week i started getting stabbling pains in the front of the ribs, I get burning in the whole rib cage, back and front, and often the breasts. Near my sternum i often feel that it is very tight and i feel the need to push to relieve it.Sometimes i think my whole chest will cave in!While the inflammation is only on the right, the pains are on both sides.I take anti inflammatory every day, plus panedine forte. I have been off work for 9 weeks and have not done anything active. I can not sit or stand for very long periods with out alot of pain.I had my first treatment of Bowen Therapy last week. it set the condition off for 2 days realy bad! But back to my normal pain now.Does this sound like tietze? If not what else could it be?Thanks for your help!!Narni
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012