Tibia and fibula are broken after a fall. Put rod with screws in the leg. Severe pain in the leg after screws are removed. Why?

2 years ago I fell and broke my fibia and tibia . I had immediate surgery and the put a rod with screws in my leg. I had the screws taken out about a year ago. Now I am having constant pain in that leg. I have seen several orthopedic doctors and no one knows why I am having this pain. I had a bone scan and a white blood scan and they both showed nothing. I have recently seen a foot specialist and he gave me a cortisone shot in my ankle. I still have a lot of pain. Can you please tell me what I should do.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013