What causes pain in the legs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have recently (4weeks ago) had an ORIF of tibia and fibula. I had cefexime post op for a week . Last 2 days i feel really hot and sick . Leg is a bit tender. Should i seek an assessment or just see if this passes ? Im worried about infection of my bone
Posted Sat, 18 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be infection or displaced / loosened implant.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic surgeon.
If you have fever , increasing pain in the leg and you are feeling not well, I would recommend
1. X ray of the operated leg
2. Blood counts and blood culture.
3. Don't start antibiotic on your own. Just take paracetamol for pain and fever.
So in your case , take an appointment ASAP with your doctor, so that if infection is there he can take adequate measures.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.

Follow-up: What causes pain in the legs? 26 minutes later
I have taken my temperature and it's ok I just feel very hot and sick intermittently over the last 2 days . Thanks for your advice I have an appointment with my gp on Tuesday will I be ok to wait until then or do I need to go to accident and emergency ,?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tuesday will be ok

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Tuesday will be ok if the temp is ok. Feeling hot and sick could be due to other reasons also
Please let me know if you have any more follow up before the doctor visit.

Thanx