Thyroid patient, on medication. Still cannot see properly, eyes bulged out, becomes red. What to do to recover ?

My mom is a thyroid patient.Even after taking medicines for the same she is facing difficulties.She cannot properly see.Her eyes are bulged out and she is feeling like eyes are out of the body.Her eyes are becomming red when she work out or continuously watch/write something.I cannot provide you the reports or prescription provided by the doctor as I am in Pune and my mom is in Orissa. Please advice what precaution she needs to take?Which vegetables & fruits she should consume to recover from this illness.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013