Throbbing pain in left shin, bump near shin. Using aspercreme, hot and cold packs. Due to pulled muscle?

I have throbbing pain around my left shin. I thought it was because i had started walking, but it wakes me up at night constantly throbbing and won t go away even if i put aspercreme or a type of hot/ cold treatment. There are no visible signs on my leg, and just the other day i was rubbing my left and noticed just below my knee close to the shin, was a bump of some kind. And of course when i rubbed it, it hurt. But during the day (while walking/work) i really don t feel the pain just here and there. This has been going on for 3 months now, my husband seems to think its a pulled muscle, but i don t know....unsure , i thought pulled muscles fixed themselves within weeks....
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012