Thanks for writing in.
It is quite possible that you might be having a combination of probably sleep apnoea and gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GERD
I would advise you to visit your physician who might prescribe you proton pump
inhibitor medications like omeprazole
Please try to follow the below mentioned measures:
1. Avoid spicy and oily food.
2. Avoid tea , coffee and carbonated beverages like soda/ pepsi.
3. Regular exercise 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week.
4. Sign up for yoga
classes ; will also help to calm you down.
5. Avoid eating 3 large meals a day. Instead ,have frequent small quantity meals 5-6 times a day.
6. Avoid excessive physical exertion immediately after a meal. If you want to exercise, do so 3 hours after a meal.
7. Avoid sleeping immediately after a meal. Wait for at least 2 hours after a meal, before lying down.
8. Have warm water to drink at regular intervals. At least 8-10 glasses of water a day.
9. Keep the head end elevated while lying down.
I hope I have answered your queries. I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.
Have a great day.