Suffering from vomiting and belching. Endoscopy, ultrasound, colonoscopy normal. Prescribed with Nortriptyline. Have SIBO

Hello, After one night of vomitting 7 times, I began belching after everything I swallow. They are not huge belches, they only release air. It can be water, a taste of something like an almond , a snack, or a meal. I also belch when I get up in the morning and sometimes when I bend over, but rarely inbetween meals. There is no pain. This has continued for 5 months and it has not changed or skipped a swallowing event even once. I have had blood tests, a colonscopy, endoscopy , abdomen ultrasound, and successful treatment for SIBO. Everything is normal. My first gastroenterologist gave up and now my second one wants me to stick a pencil in my mouth (which also did not help) and prescribe a small dose of Nortriptyline , of which I am leary due to the side effects. Do you think something mechanical happened to the esophagus , diaphram, or stomach muscles when I had the original vomitting incident? It seems like my doctors think it is in my head. The latter one thinks I burp on purpose. I have never had anything like this before the vomitting incident. I also have a naturopath treating me for SIBO and leaky gut syndrome, but she has not done any tests for it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  66 Awaiting Answer