The color of the skin on my neck has been red for over a year. Is laser surgery helpful ?

the color of the skin on my neck has been red for over a year Hello. I am a 49 year old woman who has been tanning for a while now. I had noticed in the past year my neck was red after tanning. Now, I only tan right before the summer for a few weeks. I don t tan all year. I made a schedule for the dermatologist . They said it was scarring from tanning. That I could have laser surgery to take care of the problem. My question is, have you ever heard of this laser surgery. And if you have in your opinion how safe is it. Would you recommend it? Thank you very much and, have a good night.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011