Teenaged, have stuttered growth, curved spine due to scoliosis. Is there any treatment or surgery to rectify this?

Hi Im 18 years old and I had been diognoise scroliosis when I was 16 (but I think ive had this since I was 14). The orthopedic doctor took xrays from me and basically said that theres nothing they could do. So a year later I went back to see the orthopedic doctor for a check up and she said that nothing has change, but when I asked her about the degree of curve she could give me a define answer. All she said was at the age 17 I wont grow anymore, so the curve will also stop growing. So my question is there any other treatments other than surgery I can get inorder to correct the curve of my spine because I dont really like the look of my back and shoulders.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012