Tampon got stuck while removing. Septate hymen ruled out during examination. What could it be?

Hi! I m sixteen, and a virgin . While trying to remove a tampon , it got stuck on a piece of tissue , covering the opening. I googled it, and found people with the same problem, claiming that they had a septate hymen . Devastated, I talked to my mom about it, and I sent to see a Gynecologist about it. I explained my problem, and he examined me, and said that no, I did not have a septate hymen. But this doesn t explain what happened to me. Should I just trust the gyn, and assume that I don t have a septate hymen, or is it possible that he missed something during the examination?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012