Taking pill for heavy periods. Problem at the entrance of vagina and cervix. Bleeding. Suggestion?

I am on the pill and take it regularly due to me having heavy periods and having a period most of the time for the last two years I was put on the pill 5 months ago, I recently has an internal scan a week last thursday as I have had problems just inside the entrance of vagina and by my cervix and the next day I bled really heavy and have since I have rang my doctors on the Friday and they told me to continue to take pill as , I had 12 days of the pill left so I did this Friday just gone I rang the doctors as it had been a week and I am still bleeding they said they have had my scan and nothing is wrong and told me to continue the pill as normal and see how it goes I am feeling really drained and fed up as for the last two years this has affected my relationship as I am unable to have sex which I have not for two years also I was previously a very fit person and now I am too tired to do anything please help
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013