Taking omeprazole. Osteopenia found in hip, osteoporosis in the lower spine. Due to medication?

Since I sent that inquiry, my formulary changed on the First of the year and Zegirid is no longer on it and I am now on Omeprozole,Generic for Priolasac,sorry for the spelling,and I am very concerned about it effecting my bones and contributing to Osteoporisis.I had a bone dexa scan Three years ago and at that time I was diaganosed with Osteopenia in One hip.Everything esle was fine.
The last dexa scan I had,I was diaganosised with Osteoporisis in my lower spine,Osteoporisis,in One hip and Osteopenia in the other hip.That is a big change in a short amount of time and I feel this medicine contributed to it and it has effected me in other ways plus it is starting to not be effective against acid reflux.
Any suggestions or help would be appreaicated.Thank you Ranaie Siebold
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013