Taking combined pills, have mirena coil fitted for history of anemia, persisting heavy periods. Swab tests clear. Cause?

Hi I ve had the mirena coil fitted for a year now due to heavy periods and a history of anaemia . I was still bleeding heavily so my doctor put me on the combined pill as well as having the mirena coil. I have been taking the combined pill for the last 4 months but I am bleeding daily and today it has turned heavy. I am 28 years old, have no children and I have had swabs taken for any infection but they have all come back clear.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013