Taking antibiotics for severe cough, sounds like whooping cough, tiredness. Should I go back to the doctor?

I am worried that my husband might have Whooping Cough . He went to the doctor last week because of a severe cough and antibiotics were prescribed. The doctor said he had a bacterial infection . He is still not well and has had a severe cough for the past week. He started out with a whooping sound when the cough was the worst. He has been very tired, lethargic, and seems a little bit better, but a bad cough persists. Should he go back to the doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012