Taking alprazolam, divided dose. Have withdrawal symptoms and craving. How can I get rid of it?

Hi i m taking alprazolam 1mg daily in a divided dose as follows: 0.25 morning,0.25 afternoon and 0.5mg at. night for past 9 months, I realise that I ve developed serious dependence on it and whenever i try to get rid of iti face severe withdrawl symptoms and cravings but i want to get rid of it completely as i dependence on it is not a good sign. So kindly suggest ways in which i can get rid of gradually and entirely.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012