Taking Noriday. Late period, negative pregnancy test. Common to have no periods?

Hi, I am taking Noriday mini pill tablets. I gave birth 5 months ago, and had been using condoms . After a scare of thinking I was pregnant, i decided to go on this pill as i was still bfeeding. it has only been a month of taking this pill but i am late for my period by a week. i did a pregnancy test , and it has come negative. we have been using condoms and withdrawal method. is it common to have no periods when taking this pill? now that i have stopped bfeeding, can i change to the regular pill straight away?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013