Taken clomid, extended my period, did not work so changed to letrozole. Changed menstrual cycle?

HI...I have very regular periods but when I took Clomid, it extended my period to 27 days (it is normally 24 days). Clomid did not work for me after three cycles, but almost one year later...the doctor has now prescribed Letrozole. Should I expect the same change (lengthening) to my menstrual cycle? Also, I have heard others mention that their period 'disappears'. Should I expect similar? I forgot to ask!
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013