Swollen lymph node under arms. Biopsy, mammogram normal. Had bruise on breast. Problem?

Hi, I am 46 years old. I had a large bruise show up on my left breast in Jan and then a couple of days later swollen lymph node under arm. The mammogram came back normal as did the biopsy. The bruise eventually went away but lymph nodes are still being monitored. Have not gotten bigger but not smaller either. Have pain under left armpit that radiates and now tingling and numbness in my left hand and fingers. Although dr. has decided I may have injured my breast by hitting it with a box at work which caused the bruise, I don't understand why the lymph node problem occured at the same time and is still persisting.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013