Swollen knee with pressure. Lumps protruding from the knee. Reason?

My knee has been swollen for 9 days. I ve been cotinually icing and wrapping it. There is pressure and swollen lumps that protrude when I bend. The lumps protrude from the lower right and upper left sides of my right knee. At times while standing or walking my knee extends backwards and that s when it s painful. I m considering going to the ER but if not much can be done I don t want to take a doc away from someone who really needs one. Thank you - Jennifer
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013