Swelling in jawline and mouth, painful. Diagnosed as TMJ. Taking hydracodone pills, still painful. Suggestions?

My dad is a 72 year old man who has been having swelling in his jawline, swelling inside mouth, Sharp pains in the jawline, behind eyes and surrounding area. He has seen dentist and doctors and the only diagnosis has been TMJ. My dad has a very high tolerance for pain but the two 7.5 hydracodone pills are not helping. He is barely able to open his mouth to eat, drink or speak. He has been on various pills such as warfin to regulate his blood for a current heart issue as well as meds for COPD. Any suggestions because this pain is driving him mad.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013