Swelling and throbbing pain on the site of Tragus piercing, no pus. No relief with ibuprofen. Sign of infection?

Swelling and throbbing pain on the site of Tragus piercing, no pus , no relief with Ibuprofen . Is it infected? Hi I got my Tragus pierced three years ago by a professoonalnpiercer. I slept on the slide with the piercing and now it is slightly swollen with throbbing pain. Ibuprofin seems to help for a few hours, but the pain returns. There is no pus but it is tender to the touch. Is this a sign of infection?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012