Swelling and throbbing pain on the site of Tragus piercing, no pus, no relief with Ibuprofen. Is it infected?

Hi I got my Tragus pierced on Friday by a professional piercing. They were very sterile in the piercing process. My piercing did not hurt the first 24-36 hours. Then I slept on the slide with the piercing and now it is slightly swollen with throbbing pain. Ibuprofin seems to help for a few hours, but the pain returns. There is no pus but it is tender to the touch. Is this a sign of infection?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Hello. As per your symptoms it is inflammation of pierced tragus causing u pain.. this inflammation can be infected too as negative pus discharge from region never rule out infection completely..
my advice to u will be application of topical antibiotics and anti-inflammatory in region.. a complete healing may take place in 7 days approx.. tenderness is considered normal in region till then.. till tenderness is resolved avoid sleeping with pierced side compression as ur movements during sleep could have caused disturbance in healing process..