Having big bump in ear after using artificial ear ring. What should I do?

Hi Doctor, I had pierced my ears a year back, 6 to 7 months had no problem as I was using Gold ear ring. after that I had put one artificial jewelery which was not fitting so my friend had pierced again on the hole, now the issue here is the holes has been closed and big bumb has formed, which is come out of the hole and looking ugly, just like a pimple on face.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be a scar Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sometimes artificial jewelry can induce allergic reaction and lead to wound and subsequent scar formation. I suspect the same has happened in you. You can get it removed surgically, this will not harm you in future. But do avoid wearing any sort of ring hereon. The chances of its recurring are high. regards,