Swelling and painful bruise on the shin after being hit. Having numbness. Do I have a nerve damage? Have diabetes

A week ago, yesterday, I was hit with a line drive softball in my left shin, about 2 inches below my knee . It immediately swelled up and became tender and bruised. I expected the bruise to change over the period of a week, but it hasn t darkened and now my leg, which is still pretty darn swollen, is numb right at the impact area. The muscles around the area are tight and it hurts to walk. The area right outside of the numb area it tender to the touch, if I touch it lightly with my finger , it s like I m being stabbed or touched with this nerve damage? Blood clot? Should I be concerned and see a dr? I am a type I diabetic for twenty two years.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012