Yes , Most probably this is a migrain.
But I need some more information about it to confirm it.
1) It is happening since how many months or years back?
2) Duration of the headache
3) Frequency (how many times in a day?)
4) Is there any particular time when headache starts?
5) Is the headache increases on exposure to sun light , heat or noise?
6) Is the headache one sided or both?
However as there is no history of any fever
the chance of any virus is very minimal.
If it is migrain then vein swelling is not of so much concern.
Another possibility may be Temporal Arteritis
, where severe pain
occurs along the course of the artery
but it is not pulsatile.
Please consult a doctor and take medicine accordingly. No reason to be worried to much at this time.