Suffering from vertigo. X-ray of cervical spine showing disc displacement and osteophyte formation. What does it mean?

I am suffering from vertigo from last one week. An x- ray of cervical spine was carried out with following reading: 1. Reduced interverbral disc between CV 5-6 is obsereved , slight posterior displacement of CV 5 over 6. 2. Antero-inrerior osteophyte formation seen at CV,4 5 & 6. inter- vertebral disc spaces preserved. 3. Nocervical rib is seen. Dear sir it is all greek to me. I am 77 years old. Kindly help me. Thanks. zaheer
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012