Suffering from sore throat and cough with white mucus. Taking antibiotics, with no relief. Is it a throat cancer?

Hi, I have sore throat from last two weeks. I am getting thick white mucus in mouth while coughing out. I have consulted my GP and on meditation with antibiotic from last 4 days, there is improvement in condition, but not cured. I am 47 yr old, and non smoker/drinker. but my parents and two elder brothers died due to throat and lung cancer . Do I need to consult specialist or these symptoms are common with sore throat?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013