Suffering from heart palpitations, shortness of breath and anxiety. Should I consult a doctor?

For a while now I ve been having heart palpitations and some anxiety going along with that. I ve been trying to live with it and have a Dr s appointment to check things out Wednesday, but today has been a bad day. My heart has actually not been palpitating a lot today, but there have been several times today that I have become very short of breath. And this evening, while I was singing, when I sang too much, my hands would start to tingle and go numb. I assume that means something is wrong with circulation or oxygen supply. Do you have any suggestions for me as I try to wait until I see a doctor on Wednesday? For instance, when are symptoms bad enough to justify a trip to the ER?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012