Suffering from gout and arthritis. Not responding to pain killers and anti-inflamamatories. Suggested cortizone injection. Safe?

I have arthritis and gout in my knee and for 3 months my local GP has tried me on antinflammatories that make me feel sick and upset my stomach also pain killers which don t work. He is now talking about cortizone injecctions - but I am nervous about this - should I ask to go to a specialist, The pain is quite bad especially when I am trying to sleep - I am a woman aged 64.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012