What causes sore joints and what is the treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I have been having extremely sore joints, My left hand is in constant pain, my right arm hurts when I try to lifts it up. My knees are extremely paintful even when I'm resting trying to sit down and get up is extremely painful. This morning my jaw is getting numb. I've tried anti inflammatories, the day before and yesterday muscle relaxant but neither helped. Does this sound like a virus or something else. Wondering what to take or should I go to the hospital.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. Sore joints may be due to arthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, some infection of joint, inflammation of a bursa etc. You may have to go to hospital for your further management. There your doctor will do your physical examination, and some blood tests e.g serum uric acid, serum RA factor, ESR, CRP etc. Your doctor may also prescribe you x-ray of joints involved. Send us all the reports of above mentioned test or discuss it with your doctor. After knowing blood tests, x-rays reports and physical examination, only then your diagnosis would be made and further treatment is advised. Do not take painkillers/ muscle relaxants without prescription of doctor they may cause you more harm than benefit. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask further health queries. Thanks.