What is the cause for numbness and discomfort in balls of my foot?
User rating for this question
i have numbness in the balls of my feet and pain and discomfort. the pain gets really bad when i elevate my feet when i go to bed at night. this has been going on for two years plus. I have been to several pediatrist and neurologist and no one can tell me whats wrong. diabetes,arthritis, and some other things have been ruled out. I take a viciden every night just to subside the pain alittle so i can sleep and it is getting qworse. HELP.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I will advise you to do MRI spine, colour doppler. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. First possibility could be lumbar canal stenosis leading to numbness and pain in your foot. Due to compression of this nerve root there can be foot pain associated with it. I will advise you to do MRI spine For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. My patients get good relief with holistic approach like pranayama, yoga, and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX You can also start them. Another possibility of peripheral neuropathy leading to numbness. You may need blood investigation and EMG and also colour Doppler for venous obstruction. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Can omnicef cure carbunculosis ?
- Can micatin cure ringworm, foot ?
- Why are my coccyx always tender
- What causes numbness in middle toe of foot
- Pain in coccyx sfter
- Right side of coccyx is swelled
- What caused pain and numbness in leg and foot
- Can amaryl cure diabetes, type 2?
- Coccyx pain in teenager
- Can i take aleve for joint pain ?
- Can naftin cure tinea circinata ?
- What could be the cause of numbness of foot
- Running and lump on coccyx
- What causes pain and numbness in foot and ankle
- Numbness ball of foot and toes