Suffering from excessive, painful belching. Constant bloating with persistent stomachache. Suggestions?

I am suffering from sudden onset of excessive and painful belching . Starting last night for at least 4 hours, I felt the need to burp constantly accompanied by pain in my chest and stomach . On a couple of occasions, I felt the need to be sick but wasn t able to. This morning the burping continued, though less insistant, it was still frequent and uncomfortable. I feel constantly bloated with persistent pain in my stomach. I have been taking Rennie and Gaviscon to little effect. I have suffered from excessive belching on a couple of other occasions, usually after food and never to this extent. What can I do to make it stop? Not only is it painful, but also embarrassing and I am confused as to what could cause such sudden onset. One minute I did not have it and the next minute I did. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013