Struggling with recurrent UTI's, on Ciprofloxacin, have joint stiffness, head throbbing on bending. Serious than UTI?

Hi, I have been battling UTI . This is the third one I have had in the last 12 months. I was prescribe sulfamethox ,2 a day for 3 days. Over the coarse of the next 3 days my fever was like a yo yo going from 95.5 to 101 and I was nausea . I went back to the doctore and have now been prescribed Ciprofloxacin 2 a day for then next 7 days. After being on the new meds for one day I do feel a little better. My temp wasn t all over the place but my back, shoulders, and neck are stiff and achy. My head has been throbbing non stop, especially when I bend over to about waste level. Could this be something more serious then a UTI? The time frame this has been is Tuesday - Saturday Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013