Struck in the back of head, right behind ears, bruises on neck, increased headaches. Could these be effects of head injury ?

I was a victim of domestic violence 25 years ago. I was struck in the back of the head right behing my ears on both sides. It left bruises on my neck for weeks. I didn t seek medical attention at the time, I was too ashamed. Not long after, I noticed a softness, kinda mushy feeling when pressed on those areas. It almost tingled, but sort of painful too. Through the years the feeling has subsided but is still there somewhat. I have a great family, a job with alot of responsibilities, and feel lucky to able to manage these and other things. To get to my question: I have always had headaches , migraines, tension , sinus , etc. Here in the last few months I have noticed an increase in the amount and duration of the headaches. I have also started having phantom smells, like I have left the burner on the stove on. I don t smell this everyday, just randomly. I have been having ear aches for the last 3 or so years,which were checked out by an ear, nose, and throat specialist, but nothing could be found. My current MD blames this on TMJ and she s probably right. Recently I have had a shooting pain going from the back of my right ear, down my neck with a headache. I should also add I am 47 and in menopause . Could these increased headaches, ear problems and smell issues be hormonal or after effects of my head injury?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013