Stools and gas coming through vagina post forceps delivery. Diagnosed to be gaped episiotomy. Recovery time?

My wife (26 yrs old, 65 kg) gave birth to a baby boy on 13th Jan 2013. It was a forceps delivery. She received 5-6 stitches. In the first too weeks she had a lot of pain and constipation problem. Her stools were coming hard, this leas to scar formation in her anus . She also got some infection in her stitches. Her doctor prescribed some antibiotics. Her infection is over now, but a new problem has arrived now. She noticed stools and gases coming out of her vagina. This happens whenever she sits down. We again consulted her gynecologist (on 2nd Feb, 2013), who told us to wait for 2 more weeks and then again come. She wrote gaped episiotomy in her diagnosis. I just want to ask is all this normal during forceps delivery or we need to consult a different doctor. How much time will it take for her full recovery? Can it lead to recto-vaginal fistula also? Please guide us.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013