Have large lump on the top of the head. Is this caused by forcept delivery?

Son 38 has a large lump on top of head-says he looks like the devil-was it caused by forcept delivery or not-he is unmarried and really concieus about it-Thanks his mum What could it be.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
A large lump on the top of the head at 38 years of age is not likely to be due to a forceps delivery. This is more likely to be due to a soft tissue swelling or a bony swelling which can be diagnosed only after a direct examination and investigations like CT scan.
Sometimes it is due to the shape of the skull bones itself which can be diagnosed after further investigations.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.