Stool has stringy things, runny nose, frequent bowel movements

I discovered these little stringy things in my 16-month-old daughter s stool about 2 weeks ago. They resembled pieces of dental floss or even hair. Some were long, some were short. I immediately thought pin worms but didn t confirm my conclusions until I found I had them in my stool as well. The entire household got a good dose of Reese s Pinworm Medicine and all was well after that, or so I thought. My daughter is currently having a mild cold. She has a runny nose almost constantly and sneezes/coughs most of the day. She had 5 BM s yesterday and all were very soft and contained a moderate amount of mucus , which I assumed was because of her runny nose and the fact that she s swallowing a lot of mucus. I, myself just had my first BM after 6 days. I was concerned only because I thought I should be in pain up until this point because I was eating a good amount of food everyday and WHERE DOES IT GO?........Now to why I m asking a question. I noticed white specks in my daughter s stool when I discovered pin worms. They resembled little white sesame seeds. I just noticed that I too have these sesame seeds . I am terrified that we have a tapeworm. I have severe anxiety and I would probably have a heart attack if I saw a tapeworm floating in the toilet. (I m sorry to be bouncing around everywhere. I m all out of sorts. Tried to shorten in the best I knew how.)
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012