Stitches on upper lip cut due to fall, blister on lip. Tried ointments, not healing. Will it go away ?

I am a 75 yr. old female. On Nov. 27, 2012, I fell and my teeth cut my upper lip inside and out. I had stitches in both places, the inside ones were to dissolve and the outside ones were removed after one week. After a month I noticed that my lip had a blister on it and it wasn t back to normal. I went to a local doctor and he said there was a stitch in there and it was infected. He prescribed some ointment and I was to go back in a week or so. I went back and he ordered a sonogram of my lip because it wasn t healing . The sonogram did not show a stitch. I then went to a plastic surgeon and he said my lip would heal but it would take two or three month. I had my teeth cleaned this week and it seems that the blister is larger. Will this ever go away? Should I be putting something on it?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013